Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend wrap-up

Let's see, what did we do this weekend? Friday night the kids and I went to my nephew's basketball game. It was so!exciting! Yikes! It was 7 & 8th grade boys plus some 5 & 6th graders thrown in to make enough players for a team. They played a school bigger than our school but we WON!! We were in a tournament so they played again Saturday (we had to miss that game, more on that later) They ended up playing the same team again and we won by ONE POINT!!!! Our boys got 3rd place in the tournament! We haven't placed in a tournament in I don't know how long. Yay for them!

The Happy Town family got a family picture taken Saturday which is why we missed the game. I think the picture will be awful mostly because I'm in it. UGH! I hate looking at pictures of myself. I'm so ugly.

After the pictures sister wanted to go to the lake and have an adventure, so we did. We drove out to the lake and hiked around the shore, over rocks, through the woods. Brother was a pirate...he found a pirate sword. Ok, so maybe it was just a tree branch but not to a 3 year old! ARGH! LOL

Sister had on a dress and tights. Not exactly hiking clothes, but she didn't let that stop her. The only thing that stopped her was the cockleburrs that kept sticking to her tight. I was the official cockleburr picker offer of the day.

My silly girl kept track and she counted 23 dead fish. Nice. They were all big ones too? We saw deer, racoon , opossum, some kind of big cat and lots of bird tracks. Luckily only tracks. I was looking around imagining some big cat sitting up in the tree waiting to pounce on us ala Little House on the Prairie.

We could also see some foundations of where the houses used to be before they flooded them to make the lake.

Oh and Saturday morning we went to Lowes and sister made a napkin holder. And she gave her mom a bloody thumb when she got a little crazy with the hammer. Dang, it HURT!

Sunday was church, Wal-mart, grandmas and then granny & papa's house.

Then I stayed up too late watching football. It was so nice and quiet in the living room by myself. Everyone else was in bed so I just stayed up and enjoyed the solitude.

And that's your weekend wrap up, back to you Kent!

No comments: