Thursday, November 16, 2006

High School Sports

My nephew plays basketball this year, he's a freshman so it's his first year of high school sports. The team has been notified by the coach they will practice over the Christmas break and if they miss they have to run laps.

Okie dokie. Yet another reason I hate high school sports. My sis is divorced, her ex (my nephews dad) lives about 3 maybe 4 hours away. Of course her two boys are going to spend time with their dad over Christmas! But now the one that is in high school will have to run laps for missing practice. for spending time with his dad.

Like the whole world will cease to function if the team doesn't practice. Isn't that what the Christmas/Holiday season is all about? Family? UGH!

Sometimes I really hope my kids don't want to play sports in high school. The coaches at our school are all such jerks!

1 comment:

Terri said...

That's pretty crummy. It's Christmas for crying out loud. Family is important!!!

If it's a break from school, it shoudl be a break from highschool sports too. Geesh..it's not like he's getting paid to play and he's messing with his contract. GEESH!