Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Back on the wagon

Well, tomorrow I will be getting back on the exercise wagon. I had an unexpected detour thanks to 3 days of.......shall we say....intestinal troubles. I started feeling a little gurgley in the tummy region Thursday night and all hell broke loose (no pun intended) after that. Oh my!! I was never far from the bathroom, but I did manage to lose 7 pounds!

I am finally feeling much, much better today. Back to normal, really. So tomorrow morning it's back to the grind.

Yes, I could have probably worked out today but I just didn't want to! It was my uncle's funeral today and I had to help with the dinner at church. I picked my mom up at 10:15 this morning and we got home at 20 til 5 this evening. What a long day! I was glad to be able to help out though. This was an uncle by marriage I guess you would say. He was married to my dad's sister who died about 25 years ago. Wow, has it been that long? I think she died in 85 so yes, I think it has been. But, he was my uncle when I was born and his kids are my cousins so he's still my uncle now. It wasn't unexpected as he'd been going downhill fast with Alzheimer's but still it's sad for his kids and grand kids to know that he's gone.

Then tonight at 7 was 8th grade graduation at my kids school. I don't have a kid in the 8th grade (yet! in 2 years I will) But I am on the board so I got to hand out the diplomas. Congratulations and handshakes all around!! Congratulations to the graduating class of 2010.

So all in all, it was a very long day. And with that I believe I will put the kids clothes in the dryer and head off to bed!

No comments: