Saturday, May 29, 2010

Let the summer begin!

We put up our pool yesterday. The kids were going crazy asking when we were going to put it up and yesterday dh agreed to do it so up it went. It wasn't too bad putting it up, nothing like last year. Last year we had to put down the sand pad and make sure it was level. This year we had the pad so we just had to smooth out the top and we were good to go.

It filled up over night, dh got up at 2 and turned the water off. He said the birds and the frogs were going crazy at 2 am. I love to sit outside and listen to the birds and frogs but not at 2 am!! There seems to be a lot of frogs at the pond this year if the noise level is anything to go by. They seem extra noisy this year.

Back to the pool. It filled up over night and was freezing this morning! I couldn't even put my hand in the water. Of course the kids were chomping at the bit to go in. Brother got in while me and sister went to town to buy swimming suits. They both got in this evening but it was still too cold for me. I don't like cold water LOL.

So I guess this is the official start of the summer at the happy town household.

No comments: