Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tassels

They grow up so fast! Yes, it's cliche, but it's true. It seems like just yesterday that my sister called me to tell me I was going to be an aunt. I was so surprised it took me a minute to even figure out what she was talking about. What? Who? Oh!......you mean you are having a baby!

And Saturday morning that baby graduated from High School! Wow, my little baby nephew is 17 (18 in a little more than a month) and is a high school graduate. I can't believe it. He's such a great kid. Funny, talented...he plays guitar, not that I've ever heard him play!, compassionate...he got a "red cord" to wear with his graduation robe for donating a certain amount of blood during his high school career and he also has gone on several mission trips with a friends church.

I'm very proud of him and I know he will go far in life once he figures out what he wants to do and gets a chance to be on his own.

The same time my nephew is graduating from high school MY baby is graduating from Kindergarten! How the heck did that happen?!?! My baby was only born like yesterday and now he's already 6. At his little graduation ceremony they had on the wall "Class of 2022" Whoa! That was a shock seeing that! I figured it out and I'll be 50 when he graduates from high school! LOL

Sister is getting ready to be in 7th grade when school starts back in August so in just two years she'll be graduating from 8th grade. *sob* I wish I could grab time and just slow it down a little.

No comments: