Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me

I woke up today with a smile thinking of the Mother's Day breakfast in bed my kids (mostly dd) always fix me. I waited and waited but then couldn't wait any longer becuase I needed to take a shower and get ready for church. So I took my shower then made a lot of noise so they would know I was up and about. I heard the microwave so I was thinking that breakfast was coming. I go in the living room and see dd on the computer, ds playing with his toys and dh making himself breakfast.

Wow, thanks everybody. Once again I come in last around here. I get a half hearted "happy mother's day" from my kids after they heard someone on the news mention it was Mother's Day. Nothing special. No papers made at school, nothing made at home. Just a whine that they had to stop what they were doing to get ready for church.

I've been trying not to cry all day and right now I'm not having much success at that. Sorry to be such a downer, I just needed to get this out and I know if I say anything to anyone at home, I'll just get even more upset.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry.

You go ahead and vent all you need. (Besides, it's not a holiday here so I didn't get squat, other than my mom wishing me a happy mother's day when I called her, so no need to worry about being a downer.)

Happy Mother's Day Kim. You ARE loved and appreciated, even if they didn't remember to say it this year.

(((big hugs)))

Kim said...

Awww, thanks Robin. It turned in to an OK day but it still stings a little.

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! :)