Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Ok, what the heck is wrong with me?! I got a super sweet card and poem from sister that she wrote herself. She fixed me breakfast in bed (toast with butter and a glass of diet dr. pepper). Dh got me a CD I wanted, Josh Turner, which is really good so far. Haven't had a chance to listen to it all yet. Brother is too little to do much but I did get a kiss and hug which is unusual for him, he hates kissing!

Am I spending the day loving on my kids? Nope, I'm spending the day wanting to hide from them. What is wrong with me? Dh is painting the house which is great, it needs to be done but does he have to do it today? On Mother's Day? I guess. It's been raining so much lately he hasn't had time to work on it.

I guess I'll go take some advil, drink some more pop and try to get in a better mood! I think chocolate might be in order. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends that live in my computer!! *huge hugs to you all*

1 comment:

Robin said...

(((hug)))

I'm sorry things aren't feeling right for you right now. Sometimes I think holidays like this just put too much pressure on us to try and have "a H@llmark day", so when one part of it doesn't work the rest sort of plummets. It's what you do the rest of the year that makes you a mother though, not just what happens today, and that is what the kids are thanking you for.

I hope things pick up for you.

PS I hope this is coherent. It's 3:45am - I just woke up to find myself still on the living room couch. Why I decided to check my e-mail instead of going straight to bed I'll never know, but here I am... Ok, enough. Time for bed Robin...