Friday, May 04, 2007

Back to the Future

Have you ever caught a glimpse of your kid and been able to see the future?

Sometimes with sister it's a particular way she rolls her eyes or how she cocks her head....it's like I can see her as a mouthy, defiant teenager in the not too distant future. A little like her mom, maybe? I don't mean that in a bad way like I expect her to be a demon child or anything. When I see this glimpse I can still see the love I have for her and the fact that she is a good kid under the attitude. I hope I can still see that when she tests my limits someday. And she will test them I'm sure. I sure the heck tested my parents. Took them over the edge really, but thank God they still love me!

The other day I was following brother up our steps on the porch and glanced down and saw his ankles. He was walking up the stairs just as fast as I was, not having any problems. No longer taking them one at a time like he used to. I just got a glimpse of his future walking away, growing up and going out on his own. Not abandoning me! Just growing up. Being an athlete in high school, maybe running track. He just seemed so grown up in that split second it almost took my breath away. My vision was of a tall young man, taller than DH and I both, confident and self assured. But who still loves his mom of course *wink*

I can't wait to see how my visions pan out, I just hope we all enjoy the ride!

No comments: