Thursday, May 10, 2007

And how many times did your kids make you cry today?

Wow, what a morning! Mornings are usually hectic around here.....take one mom who hates to get up in the morning, add one sister who hates to get up even more than mom and one brother who loves to get up and play first thing. What do you get? Usually chaos about 5 minutes before the bus gets here.

Today sis was brushing her teeth, not dressed yet when I realize it's only about 10 minutes til the bus gets here. I tell her to finish up and get dressed quick. She says......I need to floss first. No time to floss right now I say.....maybe after you get dressed if you have time you can floss. She answers in a very hateful voice "yeah, like you even care" Wow. It really cut me to the bone when she said that. Yeah, I don't care, that's why I get you up, let you watch TV for a little while and get your fricking clothes ready for you every.single.day. No, I didn't say that to her but I thought it. All I said was "when you talk like that it really hurts my feelings. I guess you can get yourself ready for school now." and I walked away.

Of course I went back to help her get her hair fixed, then when she's slowly getting her shoes on like la-de-da, I have all the time in the world I tell her the bus is out there waiting on her. She freaks out and gets mad at me for telling her that and making her panic.

What a great start to the day. Hopefully the rest of the day is better. At least I'm going shopping with my sister tomorrow! We are both taking off work and going on a girls day out even though neither one of us has any money to spend LOL

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My soon to be 10 year old used to act like that. I finally had to put my foot down and tell her if she was going to treat me like that, then she could get herself ready. It only took one morning of her doing everything for herself before she realized that I really do help her! Kids are crazy. I remember always thinking that my Mom didn't care or didn't really help me, but looking back now that I have kids... yeah I was a spoiled brat! We as Mom's NEVER know anything!

Robin said...

I am SO not looking forward to that preteen attitude. 6 year old attitude is bad enough. Yesterday I told Itai not to jump on the couch (which he knows full well he's not allowed to do). His response? You can't tell me what to do! You bet your patootie that we cleared that little gem up pretty darn quick. Grrrr...