Thursday, April 12, 2007

When did this happen?

Wow. My girl is growing up. She's 8 now, will be 9 in August. She's wearing a training bra now. And she's got stinky pits! How did this happen? How did my girl go from an 8lb 2oz little thing to an almost 5ft tall girl?

She used to fit perfectly in my arms from my elbow to my wrist, now she barely fits on my lap. When did my little baby I used to love kissing between her soft little eyebrows become this grown up girl? It's not possible that the last 8 years have gone by so fast. And it's only been 8 years, what will it be like when she's 18? or 30? Is this how my mom feels looking at me and my sister and brother?

I wish I could just slow things down a little. It makes me really sad when I think about her growing up, I know I'm already forgetting stuff about her when she was little. I just want to grab on to all the memories and never let them go, store them up so I can get them out someday, take them out one by one and see her again as she was when she was a baby/toddler. Or somehow go back in time and just relive them over again so I won't forget.

I love you my beautiful girl.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I don't know how I managed to miss your last few posts.

This was a really poignant look at growing up. You made me cry.

Kim said...

Robin, you have no idea how much that means to me. Seriously. Thank you.