Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Supportive/catty posts

Do you ever read a post on a message board that is supposed to be supportive but you get the feeling that it's really meant to inspire feeling of fear and inadequacy? I've seen several by a person that on the surface seems really sweet and caring....but their post just rub me the wrong way.

Nothing obviously "wrong" with them, just the way they are written.

"I'm sorry you are going through this....you are so much stronger than I am. If it was me I'd be blaming my (insert dh, kids, mother, motherinlaw here) I'd be thinking how could they do such a thing and having feelings of resentment towards them. Wow, you handled that so much better than me, I'd be laying in to them for being so careless, and blaming myself that it happened."

Do you see what I mean? Or is it just me? It seems to me like they are almost purposely trying to make the person get mad at their (insert dh, kids, etc here) Trying to stir shit without acutally doing it.

I don't know maybe it's me? Maybe I'm too cynical or something..... It just strikes me as odd. Or maybe I'm just a bitch like that.

No comments: