Friday, March 16, 2007

Real Mothers Are.....

I've been tagged by Robin to write what Real Mothers Are. I've thought about it for a few days and here it goes.

Real Mothers Are sticky

Yep, sticky.

Ever notice how new moms seem to always have a little patch of slobber or spit up on their shoulder? I always did anyway, it was my badge of honor and I wore it proudly. I'm a MOM!and I have a wet shoulder from holding my precious baby.

Let's not forget the lovely full milk shirt I'm sure all mothers of newborns have worn!

Then they get older and want to kiss. Not a perfect pucker of a kiss but a full open mouthed slobbery baby kiss. Is there any better kiss in the world?

Toddler years come along and it's sticky fingers wanting to share their food with you. How can you refuse?!

Little kids finding worms, bugs and flowers for mom. And a little dirt thrown in for good measure. Thanks honey, I LOVE them. And I do! Going fishing and actually putting a worm on a hook! UGH, the things moms do for their kids. Taking the fish off the hook when they land that prize catch.

Staying up with sick kids. Cleaning up after sick kids and not batting an eye, never letting them know you'd rather be anywhere but there.

Eating your daughters latest food creation because she's decided she wants to invent a new food. Powdered sugar, brown sugar, water and butter mixed together can get a little sticky.

I've only got 8 years experience being a mom but belive me I'm still sticky. And I love every sticky second of it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sticky! I love it!

Great meme Kim :).