Friday, June 01, 2007

Trying something new

I've been trying for what seems like years to get dh to understand certain things. I need a hug now and then, I need an "I love you" now and then without me saying it first. He just doesn't get it at all. He always says he will but he doesn't. I don't think he gets how important that kind of stuff is to me, how I actually need it, not just want it. He's not the lovey-dovey kind of person and I'm aware of that, I respect that. But I am and he needs to also respect that, right?

So the other night we had just went to bed and I said something about a kiss. He wasn't really paying attention to me and for some reason it just came to me! It's what Tertia has been talking about on her blog lately. The "Love Language" stuff. So I tried to remember them all and was telling him about it. He actually seemed interested and was listening to me! I need to go to the website and get some more information but I'm feeling really positive about this.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Most men aren't the "lovey dovey" type. I'm so glad he was interested in what you were telling him about! That's a step in the right direction!