Monday, June 25, 2007

Super no more

A while back I changed the setting on husbands cell phone so when I call him it displays "Super Wife" instead of Kim. I think I'm going to have to change that back.

Imagine if you will.......

Loving wife goes to washing machine to wash some clothes for the next day. Notices husbands clothes in washer that need to be put in the dryer. Now, a lot of people would just throw them in the dryer, right? Not Super Wife. She knows that husband sometimes doesn't like to dry some of his clothes in the dryer but prefers to hang them up to dry. So like any Super Wife would do she goes to ask husband what he wants to do with them.

The day is over and husband and kids are already in bed..but not Super Wife. She's up late doing some things that needed done before tomorrow. Moving brothers toys out of the way so husband wouldn't be bothered with them when he was getting dressed for work, getting some money out of her purse for husband so he can eat lunch the next day, making sure the food from supper was put back in the fridge.......stuff like that.

So, Super Wife goes in to the bedroom to ask husband if she can dry all the clothes. He responds with a "yes". So all is good in Happy Town. Husbands clothes are in the dryer. Super Wife and kids clothes are washing to be put in the dryer in the morning. Super Wife heads to bed and falls in to blissful sleep.

Next morning Husband gets up at his usual 5:00 a.m. to get ready for work, comes to tell his beautiful Super Wife good-by as he always does. Super Wife brushes her hand on his leg as they are kissing good-by.

Wait......his pants feel sopping wet..........Oh no!!! Yes, Super Wife forgot to turn the dryer on last night. And loving Husband only has 2 pair of jeans and yes......both pair were in the dryer. Dammit! Poor guy had to wear wet jeans to work.

I think I'm going to have to change my title......I'm not feeling very Super today. :( I haven't talked to him since this morning I hope he's not too mad!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Whoops!

(Although, I'm so pissed at my husband right now I can only wish that I'd been able to send him off to work in wet pants!)

Terri said...

I usually send Corey to work with no cutlery in his lunch box. Hard to eat yogurt without a spoon.

Kim said...

Well, he wasn't TOO mad, more like he used my guilt to get what he wanted! LOL But it never takes much for him to get what he wants so it's all good.

We are already laughing about it. The horrible part is if it was him that had forgotten my clothes I think I would have been way madder at him than he is at me.