Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I survived

I did it, I survived the banquet. I went by myself which I hate to do. I hate going to the store by myself so this was a big deal. I got there and saw several people I know but no one I know well enough to just plunk myself down by. So I got my plate and tried to sit somewhere out of the way. Of course I ended up sitting right in front in a very obvious spot. Loser sitting alone. Finally enough people got there that they had to sit at my table.

A nice man and his wife sat by me at first then someone I know a little(a customer from work)came and sat by me. I was doing fine during the awards part until I had to pee so bad I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until it was my turn to go up front. So of course I had to walk in front of everyone to get to the bathroom.

I was still doing fine sitting there....thinking, Ok this isn't so bad I can do this. Then as it got closer and closer to my time to be in the spotlight my heart started beating faster and faster. It felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. LOL Then it was my turn. I knew the first person to get an award, she's a customer. The posing for the numerous pictures was kind of awkward. Then the next guy came up...I kind of know him, I've at least met him before. Again, posing for pictures was weird. I hate getting my picture taken and I hate fake smiling. My legs were shaking I was so nervous.

Being in front of around 300 people is almost more than I could take. But I did it and I'm proud of myself. It was good exposure for my work and also for me. Plus my boss really appreciated me doing it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Good for you Kim! You conquered your fear and you did it. I'm really proud of you.

((hug))