Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And the winner is.....

Tonight I am really stepping out of my comfort zone. Out. Like in the next hemisphere out of my comfort zone. Not quite in to orbit, but close.

My boss has donated some money to buy/sponsor awards at a banquet tonight. It's to honor conservation efforts in our county. He will not be available to hand out the awards so guess who gets to do it? No, really, guess?!? Me!!!

I will be standing in front of who knows how many people shaking hands and posing for pictures. Oh my. Oh and shaking hands. That's enough to give me a seizure just thinking about it. The only saving grace is that I don't have to speak. Someone else will be announcing the names I just have to give the awards. Just have to give the awards, I make it sound like it's no big deal. It's a big deal to me.

I was going to say no, I couldn't do it. But then I had a talk with myself and thought Good grief woman, you are almost 40 years old!!! Buck up and just do it.

So tonight I will smile and shake hands like the professional I am. Ha!

No comments: