Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Day one (or would it be two?)

I have decided that I have GOT to lose some weight. I'm miserable. I can't walk with out pain and getting winded. I'm so out of shape it's embarrassing, really. I know I'm fat, I don't think I'm a blubbery mess or anything yet. I'm jiggly for sure, but I'm so weak physically I'm starting to get worried for my health and my future.

I've started trying to cut out the fast food which is a huge problem for me. I work out of the home and I hate packing a lunch so I just grab a burger or whatever. Besides being expensive it's killing my health......so I've decided to start bringing my lunch. Now, what I bring might not be the best but it has to be better than McD's, right? And breakfast at home too.

I'm not Catholic, so we're not big in to giving up stuff for Lent but I've done it before. So...I figure I'm giving up eating out for lunch for Lent. Giving up my bad habit, does that count?

I also ordered a work out DVD that I got yesterday. I did it yesterday afternoon when I was home with a sick girl. It was HARD. The exercises were not that hard but I was panting and sweating. Wow. It was bad. Now of course today I'm sore. Not too sore but the longer the day goes on the more sore I get. I have to do this, I have to stick to it.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Go Kim! You can do it!! Slow and steady, slow and steady.

I'm finding PEERtrainer.com to be a big help :). The group support is really helpful and publicly logging my food and exercise goes a long way towards keeping me accountable.

Kim said...

Thanks for the support Robin! I'm gonna make this work.