Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Aloha!

We survived! We made it back home Sunday about 6 pm. It's good to be home but dang that week flew by. I took about 160 pictures and I still wish I'd taken more.

Hawaii was awesome and beautiful but also kind of sad to me. When you think of how the islands used to be and how the "white man" came and basically destroyed the way of life there and turned it into a tourist trap now it just makes me sad.

But I'm glad we got to go and see the sights. We went to a luau which was awesome, I even got on stage with about 80 other people and got a hula lesson! LOL Good thing we didn't have to wear grass skirts, no one wants to see this fat girl dancing!!! We each got 4 free drink coupons and I thought no way would we use them all, but guess what? WE DID!

I think I drank more this last week than I did in my entire life. One night Husband and I got drunk and sat on the balcony of our hotel and smoked cigars LOL It was so fun! Something we never get to do at home. Something we would never do at home.

I'll have to try to post some of our pictures one of these days. Everywhere you looked was another beautiful view to take a picture of.

Our flight home was a killer though. The flight was mostly turbulance from Honolulu to Los Angeles so no sleep for me. We ended up being up for about 36 hours with no sleep by the time we got home, got the kids from my parents and got to bed. Needless to say we both called in work the next day. I'm still tired.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Aloha!! Glad you made it home. Hubby and I have contemplated taking the kids there.

I suggest Flickr for picture hosting. I can't wait to see the photos.

You naughty girl...a cigar????

Robin said...

I've already welcomed you back, so I'm just going to nag you for pictures of your journey to paradise ;-).

And, I'll ask how the kids were while you were gone. I'll bet they were having too much fun to miss you.