Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Week

One week has passed since my world was destroyed. 7 days. Sometimes it feels like it's been 7 years and other times 7 seconds. I just can't believe that he is gone forever. He can't be gone, I'm not strong enough to get through this without him which is totally stupid because if he was here, I wouldn't be going through this, would I?

I was talking to an old high school friend this morning who had called to say how sorry he was. He told me that from the first time Wes saw me, he loved me. I can't tell you how much that meant to me to hear that. God, I love him so much.

Nighttime is the worst. The closer it gets to bedtime,the harder my heart beats and the tighter my chest gets. I did manage to sleep in bed last night. I've been sleeping on the couch and the kids are sleeping on the loveseats in living room with me, but last night I decided to try the bed and I made it all night. I hope I can do it again, sleeping on the couch just wasn't working, I needed some real sleep and I wasn't getting it on the couch.

I still can't believe that this is all true, it feels like I'm standing outside of myself and this is happening to someone else.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I wish I could somehow magically make it easier my sweet friend.

Know that even in your darkest hours someone on the other side of the world is thinking of you and holding you close in her heart.

xox

Unobserved said...

You don't know me, but if I had the ability to ease your pain, I trully would.

Your world will begin to go round again I promise :)

Terri said...

I am so sorry you are having to face this. I think of you often and wish I were closer to just "be there" for you, but know you are in my thoughts friend, every day.