Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mostly dry

Last night we were out of pull-ups. Brother has never managed to stay dry during the night but last night we had no choice. It was late, we were out of pull-ups and I wasn't going to drive a 40 mile round trip to get some from Wal-mart. So I loaded up his bed with towels, promised him he could come get me and I'd go to the bathroom with him, left the bathroom light on and put 2 pair of underware on him.

He came and got me at 2:00, 3:30 and 3:36 LOL and he was dry every time. I woke him up late this morning because I got up late. He was wet when I went to wake him up but I kind of feel it was somewhat my fault for letting him sleep later than usual. I told him I was super proud of him for coming to get me though.

We will get there I'm sure. No more pull-ups!!!

And in other mostly dry news.........it didn't rain last night! The first night in about a week it didn't rain. We are no where near as wet as the poor people in Iowa and no where near a river anyway so no flooding but harvest is put on hold until the ground dries up. My dad tried to cut Sunday but he got stuck and it's rained everyday since then at least once a day, sometimes more. I hate to gripe too much because one day it will quit raining and not start again but dang it!! it needs to stop for at least a week or two.

2 comments:

Robin said...

WTG O, he's definitely getting there!

Could you take him to the bathroom yourself just before you go to sleep? That worked with my kids (still does with M). I march them to the bathroom half (or really 7/8) asleep, let them do their thing and then march them back to bed again. They never really wake up and the bed stays dry.

Kim said...

He's been getting up 2 and 3 times a night to go and still wets the bed. I don't think he's drinking all that much before bed. I can't believe he has all that pee in him LOL!