Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's done!! mostly

We decided when we bought this house that we didn't like the carpet in the dining room area. The floor plan is open from the living room to the dining room and it had carpet throughout with no real dividing line between the two spaces.

But with 2 kids and a messy mom who is always dropping and spilling stuff we just can't have carpet in the dining room. So a few weekends ago we decided to put in laminate flooring. And it's done! Except for finishing the carpet where we had to cut it. Someone dh works with is supposed to come out this weekend to finish that.

So without further ado here is the finished product.......



I think dh did a fantastic job, especially since he had never done this before. Of course he couldn't have done it without my superior standing skills. I had to stand on the boards as he put the next row in place to keep it from shifting, so basically it was all me. That's right, just call me if you need someone to stand on a board and I'll be there.

No comments: