Thursday, February 14, 2008

Homework

I'm attempting to start teaching Brother how to write and how to hold a pencil in anticipation of him starting pre-K next school year. He's really interested and wants to do his "homework" when Sissy does hers.

So I went online and printed some worksheets, went to the store and bought him a binder and some pencils. We've been doing one or two sheets every evening and I can alreay see problems when he gets older! It's just tracing lines right now. We've done horizontal lines, slanted lines and vertical lines. But if he can't do it exactly right on the dot perfect everytime he has a mini meltdown! I have no idea where he gets that from? Maybe it's just his age? No one else in the family is a perfectionist like that, so I hope it's just a phase. Things might not go so well when he actually gets to school if he stays like that.

Please tell me it's a phase.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ugh, Itai is like that. It gets downright painful sometimes.

Janell said...

Nope, he gets it from his Aunt Nell...I tend to be a bit OCD!

OMG, you found me!!!!!!! I just did this thing and I'm so glad you found me! I just started this, so I'll update you and let you know how I'm doing!!!!

I miss you Brute Beast!!!!!!!!!