Thursday, January 17, 2008

Are you Superstitious?

I was thinking about this today for some reason. Superstitions and all the crazy stuff people will do if they are.

Am I superstitious? My first instinct is to say NO WAY! But I thinking about it I realize I am after all. I don't do the "knock on wood" or throwing the salt over my shoulder stuff. Which shoulder is it anyway? And why throw it over your shoulder? But I guess I do have my own quirks.

For example:

If I have something at work that could possibly become a problem I won't throw any notes away that I might have about it. Sometimes I keep files out for weeks thinking if I put them away I'll jinx it for sure.

When dh's dad died I was wearing jeans, a red sweatshirt, white socks and tennis shoes. I would never wear that exact same outfit again, it just seemed too much like tempting fate or something I guess.

If I have something that is a potential problem, I make sure and not vary my routine on the day I have to face it. Especially my driving. If I have a possible crisis at work I will usually make sure I drive to work the exact same way as I do every other day.

What about you? Anything you do or won't do that would be considered superstitious?

My MIL's brother once backed up an entire city block because a black cat walked out in front of his car! Crazy!

*ok, re-reading my post, I don't sound superstitious so much as just sounding like a freak! LOL

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm not terribly superstitious, but I do do the knock on wood thing and try not to tempt the fates.

Terri said...

left shoulder..and I do it all the time. It's almost an impulse!!!

Kim said...

What is the salt supposed to do? I never heard WHY, I just heard of people doing it.