Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen Things about Why I love living where I do




Thirteen things I love about living where I live (not necessarily in order of love)

1. Wide open spaces. The land is divided in to 1 square mile sections, on the section we live on there are 3 houses.

2. Farm land. I love to watch the crops grow and to know that my dad is helping feed the world.

3. Clear skies. You can go out side at night and look up and see what seems like millions of stars!

4. Going outside at night hearing the coyotes howl. I love to hear them, such a lonely sound.

5. My family. Most of my immediate family lives close and I love it that way.

6. Small schools. My dd's school has 88 kids pre-K thru 8th grade.

7. Typical small town "everyone knows everyone".

8. Wildlife. It's not unusual to see a deer or pheasants or rabbits on my way to work. If you're really lucky you might get to see a jackrabbit.

9. Fairly low cost of living. Unfortuantley it also means lower wages, but that's ok.

10. Days with no wind. Which are few and far between here but when it's a nice day temperature wise with no wind it's the next best thing to heaven to me.

11. No traffic. No traffic jams here unless someones cows get out!

12. Sunsets. The sunsets here are awesome! Must have something to do with that wide open spaces thing I mentioned in #1 above.

13. My church. It's a very small church in a very small community. I love it, it feels like we are all family. It was founded in 1897 and I hope it's around for another 110 years so my kids and grandkids can love it like I do.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




1 comment:

Terri said...

Saskatchewan sounds very much like OK! I am such a prairie girl!