Friday, October 12, 2007

Painting..decorating..I have a headache

So much to do. Our house is pretty much a blank canvas, white walls everywhere I look. We definitely want to paint, but we suck at picking colors. Dh likes a certain tannish/brown which to me is pretty but not much better than white as far as being neutral goes. I want some COLOR!! in my house.

I'm posting some pictures I took with my cell phone. I took some "real" pictures with my camera but I still can't find my cord to transfer them to my computer, so I guess these will have to do for now. So any suggestions for color and/or decorating will be appreciated. Any mess you see will be blamed on the fact that we are still getting moved in. Yeah, that's it....we're still moving in. Riiiiight.

Oh and ignore the tv for now. We haven't got our entertainment center moved back in yet, that sucker is HEAVY and I'm a wimp.

Fireplace in living room



Standing in the back of living room looking towards hallway, kids rooms are down the hall.


Bar


Kitchen, I really need help with the area above the stove. The cabinets don't go all the way to the ceiling, so there's about at least 2 feet of space above.


Master bath, dh's sink/cabinet is the messy one!!


And just because......my giant bathtub! I love soaking in that thing with a good book LOL

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I really think yellow looks good in a kitchen. A light yellow or maybe a darker yellow. It lightens things up and makes your kitchen look so inviting and happy! I would love to paint my living room a deep red with wood accents. I think it would look good with your firplace. That's just my opinion though! Can't wait to see what you end up doing though.

Anonymous said...

Kim, my advice is to find one thing you LOVE. It may be a photo or art print, a pillow, a vase, a mosaic...the one thing that makes your heart sing when you look at it. Use it as your basis for your color scheme and the "feel" of your space.
I really like your new place - hooray for you!!

Jo said...

Well Nancy has hit the nail on the head.......I also love shades of blues for bathrooms, one wall in a colour in a sitting room as a focal point and the rest in soft cream (maybe a red to match your sofa?), kitchens need to be light and airy IMO. It looks great anyway!

Robin said...

After so many years in the Land Of White Walls I think I'm genetically incapable of reaching beyond cream (my own walls) as a color scheme, so I won't give any advice, but whatever you choose your house is beautiful. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

Pieces of Me said...

nice size bath!