Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My birthday boy *now with a picture*

My sweet boy turned 4 on September 30th. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was at the hospital looking up in to the mirror watching my dr.s hands as he gently worked to bring my sweet boy in to the world.

We didn't know what we were having as I never had an ultrasound after about 7 weeks in to my pregnancy. I was watching the little (ok, not so little) face coming out all scrunched up and red when the fat little baby slid out. I will never forget that first glimpse of my baby. I whispered to myself "it's a boy". My god, he was perfect. 8lbs 14oz of red mad baby boy. He was born with a complete knot in his cord and the dr. said we could have easily lost him....we should name him Lucky. Thank god he was fine.

Everyday I think how close we did come to losing him or him having some sort of permanent damage from that knot. I'm so grateful for my sweet baby boy who is not a baby anymore.

He's a silly, sweet, intense, tough, ornery all boy who loves John Deere tractors, combines, round hay bales, guns, tools, Spiderman and pirates. He loves going to feed the cows with his Papa, jumping on the trampoline (but not too high, please), riding his bike and watching Spongebob cartoons.

Happy birthday sweet little guy, I love you so much.



Here he is with the cake my mom made him, he had a a pirate birthday this year. Argh matey!!

5 comments:

Robin said...

I never realized he'd been born with a knot in his cord - how scary!

Happy birthday sweet boy. Here's to a terrific year of being four.

Jo said...

Happy, happy birthday to a scrumptious lil boy!

Kim said...

Thanks ladies!!

Robin said...

Back again now that you've got a picture too. He's as cute as ever, and WTG mom on the oh so cool cake!! I really have to learn to pipe frosting like that. I have all the stuff, but my kids keep picking cakes that don't need it LOL.

Pieces of Me said...

He's sweet. My son loves John Deere tractors. He'd have a ball over there. I enjoy your blog.