Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Golden Rule

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's the golden rule, right? I'm having a hard time with this lately. It's turning in to do unto others have they have done to you.

On Mother's Day my entire family blew me off. I got a half hearted happy mother's day. I'm having a hard time even trying to want to do anything for dh this Father's Day. It's in a few days and I really haven't even put any effort in to thinking of what to get dh. I try to treat him how I want to be treated but I swear sometimes it's an effort. But I really don't want to fall in to that rut. I think that's a dangerous path to get on in a marriage, pretty soon you both end up treating each other like crap.

So I'll just keep on keeping on...fake it 'til I make it. I'm sure I'll end up doing something for Father's Day and it will be fantastic and he will love it. Or not.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hey....fake it till I make it is my line!!! I swear we are related.

Kim said...

:) We must be!!