Friday, September 25, 2009

Revelation

I've always said I wanted to travel back in time if I could. Any period of the past from medieval to Regency to the prairie days would be fine with me. I love to read historcial (mostly)romantical fiction. Amanda Quick, Julia London, Julia Quinn, Laura Ingalls Wilder are right up my alley. I can imagine myself in the time period living the life.

No running water? No problem! Plague? Bah! Strict social rules? Ha! Horses, wagons? Bring them on! I can handle them all with grace. Or so I thought until a few night ago when I had my revelation....an epiphany if you will.

Brother and I had driven the 40 minute round trip to town to get some fast food (yes, I'm aware if I lived in the past there would be no whopper). This is when I realized what would be my downfall and prevent me from going back in time.

It wasn't the fast food, it's the dark, man! One thing about me is I hate...no, make that HATE the dark. I cannot stand a dark house, it's 100 watts for me all the way, baby. None of this one lamp on in the living room crap, all lights have to be on. I realized that if I was to go back to Regency England there would be no 100 watts for me, it would be candle light!!! UGH, I couldn't do it. Even if my handsome price was there to rescue me...hmmm, maybe I could go back just far enough to hook up with Thomas Edison. This is going to take some more thought.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think it's the no tampax that would get me. The rest of it I could live with but that? Never.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.