Monday, July 14, 2008

Oklahoma Traffic Jam

As my two readers know I don't live in town, I live in the country. And I am so glad I do! But occasionally we will have a traffic jam and have to wait a while for the road to clear. Saturday afternoon I experienced a traffic jam, the first in a while I will admit. I was going to town because we were having a birthday party for my dad (who turned 70!!!) and I was out of salt! Can you imagine being out of salt??

I was headed for town and could see something in the road up ahead. When I got to the spot it looked like this.....




Then it got bad and looked like this....




And finally they decided to move on and it looked like this out my side window.....



Those are my dad's calves that had got out. If you look closely in the distance there is a little white metal building..that's my dad's airstrip. Yes, my dad owns an airstrip LOL It's a grass runway but small planes do land there occasionally.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Now that's one kind of traffic jam you don't see much of around here!

How cool that your dad has his own airstrip. Does he fly?

Kim said...

No, but my brother is a pilot. My dad bought a farm when I was in high school and the air strip was part of the land.

In the pictures, the land to the left is one of my dad's fields.

Terri said...

LOL LOVE IT!!!!! The other night driving home I had to stop as there was a horse in the middle of the road. Have to love living in the country!