Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Would he miss me?

Sometimes I wonder. If I was gone would he miss me?

Not the me who takes care of the kids, buys the groceries, goes to the bank, pays the bills.

But what about the me who asks for foot rubs I never get, the me who takes 3 hours baths Saturday night, who spends too much time in the bathroom, the me who rubs his back when I walk by, who asks how his day was.

I know he would miss the first me, but what about the second me? Lately, I really don't know if he would miss me at all.

2 comments:

Robin said...

(((hug)))

I'm sorry you're in a place where you need to ask yourself these questions, but I'm betting the answer is yes, he may not be able to verbalize it or be the romantic you'd wish for, but yes, he would miss you - the REAL you, not the maid.

Kim said...

Thanks Robin, I know you are right. But dangit!! He's known me for over 20 years he knows how I am and what I need. I know him too and I know how he is and I usually don't let it bother me but everyonce in a while it gets me down.

I'm feeling better today. Not 100% but some better.