Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The talk

I think it's time to have THE PERIOD TALK with sister. She's only 9 but I really think it's time.

Ugh, I dread it and I don't really know why. It's not like it's something I didn't go through myself. I've told her we need to talk about changes that will be happening to her body and she wants no part of that! My friends and I couldn't wait to start....then I couldn't wait for menopause!

I think I need to get her prepared so she's not freaked out if she happens to start at school or something. I remember being so surprised that it didn't stop at night! LOL I looked at my mom like she was crazy and said "you mean I've got to wear these (pads) at night too??????? Got any silly stories of your own to share?


I guess I'll try to talk to her this weekend, wish me luck.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so dreading having "the talk" with my 10 year old. I really should have had it by now, but I just don't know what to say or what not to say. Good luck this weekend. Maybe you can make notes and share with the rest of us!

TnMomTo3 said...

I so dread this talk and my girls are only 2 1/2 now! LOL

Just let us know how it goes and give us tips on what to do and not do! :)

Jo said...

The day I started I had no idea. I called my mom into the loo after doing a wee because I could see a dark 'blob' outside my youknowhat and didn't have a clue what it was. I was early, 11, and suffered horribly with pains until after I had Theo. Good luck with that talk......