Friday, September 21, 2007

Junkie

I'm walking....happy, content. Then I hear you calling me. I try to be strong and resist. I know if I find you I will ignore my kids, neglect my husband. He knows it too.....we've done this too many times before.

I get closer... my heart racing, my lips open in anticipation, palms a little sweaty. I scan the crowd looking for you. Others tempt me but I don't want them, I want you.

Finally I see you...my hands reach for you, feeling you, caressing you. My mind races with thoughts of the pleasure you will bring me.

I lift you and gently place you in my shopping cart, racing home to read you.....my newest book.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Perfect!

Pieces of Me said...

Yea, you got the book!

Jo said...

What lovely writing. And is it good?

Kim said...

Thanks everyone!

Actually Jo, that's pretty much how I feel about every book I buy. LOL