Saturday, August 04, 2007

Give 'em to me

I need some money saving tips. Seriously. I spend money like I married a Rockefeller or something. And I obviously did not.

  • I know I need to start brown bagging it at work, but man I just hate to. It gets so old after just a short time.

  • I discovered Aldi's today. We got one just built in the town where I do all my grocery shopping. I can see buying some stuff there and saving some money.

  • I have managed to go at least a month or more with out putting anything on my Penny's card! *yay me!!

  • I'm not afraid to buy generic on most things. Some stuff I can't/won't buy generic on though.

  • I know I need to track my money on a program like Quicken or something. I've tried but I just don't keep it up and then I quit.

I need someone to take over my checking account and only let me have so much money to spend. Any volunteers?

My money philosophy is kind of like my losing weight philosophy........ I eat and eat and eat and just don't lose any weight. I spend and spend and spend and just can't save anything. So confusing.

Any ideas/suggestions?

3 comments:

Robin said...

Umm? Marry an economist? I'm awful about keeping track of money, but Jay is my alter-ego - he's obsessed, down to the last penny. He's got spreadsheets, color-coded spreadsheets, to keep track of it all, and thankfully does a good job so that I don't have to. He just tells me when to use which credit card and when to be a bit more careful. He does nickel and dime my grocery receipts though, which drives me absolutely mental, "just because he's curious".

Amanda said...

Sometimes when I'm trying to save some money I leave my debit card at home. I only keep a little bit of cash on my so I kind of have to bring my lunch to work or go hungry. Which would help with the diet, but I'm not into it. Good luck!

Kim said...

Hey Robin, can I send all my bank statements and bills to Jay!!?

Amanda, that's a good idea. I don't use my debit card that much but I do write too many checks! I just go to wallyworld for a few things and end up way over spending! I need to start leaving my check book at home.